Director – DTC Payment Strategy
Location: Sterling, VA, United States, 20116
Req ID: 2240
- Manage payment processing across Discovery
- Act as Discovery's expert on payment processing
- Drive standardization of processes and system functionality across payment processes
- Establish and implement standard payment processes for the Direct to Consumer Order to Cash process.
- Select the payment methods to be used, finding ways to address the markets fully while managing risk.
- Monitor all payments, watching for factors impacting payment authorization rates and looking for ways to improve those rates.
- Support onboarding of new businesses/brands/products into standard payment processes
- Work with brands to assure that proposed offerings can be supported in payments without risking a poor customer experience
- Lead implementation of specific billing/payment related projects
- Work with customer service to resolve payment related issues
- Lead all Direct to Consumer Brands to develop a plan for future state payment functions
- Develop long term strategy
- Develop priorities and a roadmap in conjunction with engineering.
- Manage changes to priorities
- A combination of education, training, skills and experience in technical areas related to payments , ideally in a fast paced digital or direct to consumer environment
- Bachelor's degree in Finance , Engineering, Marketing or equivalent skills.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience .
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with all functional areas of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple fast moving projects simultaneously, work independently, and a strong attention to detail a must.
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Payment industry experience required.