Electrician – HVAC
Description: Join our growing Electrical Service Team! Compu Dynamics has an immediate opening for an Electrical Service Technician with HVAC experience covering Northern Virginia.
SIGN ON BONUS: $5,000-Journeyman/Master License
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Routinely inspects electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues
2. Determines the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem
3. Repairs electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment and other components so that they remain at full functioning capacity
4. Troubleshoots issues and makes recommendations to resolve the situation
5. Requisitions material, tools and equipment and maintains inventory
6. Measures, cuts, and bends wire and conduit
7. Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, troubleshoots; uses manifold gauge set, and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
8. Understands basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits; ability to read basic wiring diagrams; understanding of Ohms Law; ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values; must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits
9. Provide both planned and emergency response diagnostic and repair services on commercial grade heating, ventilating, and air conditional systems
10. Perform proactive preventive maintenance on equipment and systems; recommends proactive repair solutions
11. Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot; understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil
12. Operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment to perform installations or service to the equipment and/or mechanical system
13. Provides timely and completed documentation of work performed
14. Drives company vehicle throughout service area while following all local laws
15. Operates vehicles and other equipment safely; adheres to safety protocols; reports hazards and risks; behavior contributes to a safe and secure working environment
Corresponding military codes: 3E051, 12R, 270, EM, 120A, 1161
Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with dollar for dollar company match, various voluntary benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, $250 tool allowance, up to 3 weeks accrued PTO, Birthday off, Volunteer time-off, Paid Parental Leave, etc.
Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. 4-8 years' experience in the field or related area
3. CFC Universal
4. Valid driver's license in good standing
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Experience with Data Centers
2. Journeyman license in VA/MD or DC