Location: *US-VA, Richmond
Job Number: 667
# of Openings: 25
Envirocon is seeking experienced Heavy Equipment Operator(s) to operate various types of heavy equipment (82,000 lbs. tracked excavator, D-6 dozer with GPS machine control, D-7 dozer with GPS machine control, motor grader, etc.) associated with environmental remediation construction projects. The Operator must be able to demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment based on changing operating conditions. The Operator is expected to use his/her experience and judgment to make decisions within his/her limits of authority.
We are currently accepting applications and conducting interviews. Please fully complete the application with all requested information. Completed applications better allow us to select eligible candidates. Incomplete applications will be moved to the bottom of the candidate list.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret site-specific Safety Plan at each site; may be amended daily.
- Read and interpret equipment operator's manuals.
- Read and comprehend container labels prior to touching or opening.
- Read and interpret rigging load charts.
- Read manifests or waste stream labels on containers to avoid missing unlike waste streams shipped off site.
- Read MSDSs that accompany all new and existing chemicals brought to or used at the hazardous waste site.
- Operate/drive construction type/truck equipment.
- Work in areas of uneven terrain.
- Wear and work in different types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Climbing/stooping while wearing PPE.
- May assist in the training of new or less skilled Equipment Operators.
- Ability to demonstrate common sense understanding and carrying out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via phone, two-way radio and in writing.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Perform operations using weights and measures, volumes, and distances.
- Ability to interpret load charts and estimate weight.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license if assigned to operate any Envirocon vehicles and must meet the company's vehicle insurance requirements.
- Must be able to read and comprehend safety plans, rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), warning tags, traffic signs, and procedure manuals.
- Must be physically able to perform job tasks.
- Must be able to pass all required training i.e. HAZWOPER.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Stabilization experience a plus.
- Experience with behavior-based safety program (i.e. LPS) a plus
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER a plus.
- Prefer four (4) years of experience operating heavy equipment associated with construction.
Please note that Envirocon's full process includes the application, interview, pre-employment drug screening and a fit for duty physical.
Envirocon, one of nine Washington Operating Companies founded by industrialist and entrepreneur Dennis R. Washington, is an industry leader providing a wide breadth of services including environmental remediation, ecological restoration, and decommissioning & demolition for government and commercial clients across the U.S. Envirocon has maintained a stable and single ownership for the past 30years and a strong financial position allowing growth, value and stability to our clients, and a superior bonding capacity of over $100 million. Our health and safety matrix is one of the best in the industry.
Our engaged, talented and experienced team members are our very best assets. Envirocon is dedicated to helping individuals build their careers in the environmental construction industry and promotes employee growth and development.