Location: Sterling, VA, United States, 20166-4346
Req ID: 2406
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
As Discovery's portfolio continues to grow - around the world and across platforms - the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world-class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery's products while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery's growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
1. Basic knowledge of Electronic Discovery and eDiscovery principles
2. Assist with key components of the eDiscovery and Forensics Collection Workflow in partnership with IT and Legal departments
3. Ability to manage assigned digital forensic efforts in support of eDiscovery requests, staff investigations, and enterprise computer security incident response including but not limited to internal and external intellectual property theft, attacks/intrusions, computer abuse, and insider threat investigations
4. Possess skills to collect, process, preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices per company policies and practices
5. Maintain full Chain of Custody and evidence tracking
6. Ability to perform log, memory, and RAW analysis
7. Ability to follow through on leads until all possible avenues in investigating a case have been exhausted
8. Liaise with the Legal department and produce high quality oral and written work product presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely; organizing all relevant case information in an easy-to-understand format
9. Fundamental proficiency in electronic discovery with the Guidance EnCase platform, industry-standard tools, and practices applying technical and functional skills
10. Keep abreast of current best practices, emerging technologies, and solutions in the context of eDiscovery and Legal Hold
11. Support data security initiatives across both InfoSec Department and Privacy Office
12. Respond to day-to-day requests from Corporate Legal, Information Security Team
13. Monitor and analyze the results, trends, patterns, and events from Security Tools (e.g., Carbon Black, ESET, etc.) in addition to other tools (e.g., Splunk/QRadar) to analyze security events
14. Proactively recognizes potential security issues through reviews and analyses
15. Develop and maintain data flow diagrams for new and critical business and IT processes and services
16. Perform periodic discovery scans and work with data owners to identify gaps
17. Evaluate, recommend, and implement security solutions through open-source and commercial tools
18. Coordinate with business and IT teams, as an SME/InfoSec liaison, supporting discovery and DFIR initiatives
19. Recommend, install, manage, and maintain collection agents when deployed and as appropriate
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in business or IT security-related discipline
* Strong working knowledge and experience with data security compliance, control design, and processes
*5+ years of experience in computer system and TCP/IP network forensics
*5+ years of professional experience, supporting Cybersecurity Operation program(s) using security solutions such as enterprise forensics tools, data discovery technologies, SIEM, EDR, etc.
* Independent tasking and project completion with little supervision is a must
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with users, team members, and senior management
* Investigates, interprets, and responds to technical and/or complex IT security events
*Subject Matter Expert on the Open Text EnCase platform
*Experience with Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android operating systems
*Experience with reading and interpreting PCAP and other network forensic data
*Experience with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, or Other Computer Forensic Tools
*Demonstrated skill in performing post-incident computer forensics without destruction of critical data
*Ability to act as full-time on-call for escalation of a cybersecurity incident and forensic response
*Experience with all imaging types and methods
*Experience in forensic analysis of compromised systems
*Experience with writing and enforcing policies and procedures regarding chain of custody best practice
*Experience in proper forensic investigation techniques when working with compromised system images or files
*Detailed knowledge of litigation and related discovery processes
* Must have the legal right to work
* Desirable certifications include GCFE, GCFA, CHFI, CCE, CFC, EnCE, CFCE, CEH, CISSP, CND, eDiscovery certificate a plus
* 5+ years of digital forensics analysis or security analysis experience
* 5+ years of eDiscovery support experience
* 1+ years of security experience with cloud security environments
* Working knowledge with digital forensic tools such as Encase, SIFT Workstation, etc.
* Working knowledge and experience in developing and reporting performance and risk metrics (e.g., KPIs/KRIs, status reporting, and dashboards for senior management)
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.