Human Resource Specialist
Location: *US-VA, Richmond
Job Number: 664
# of Openings: 1
Envirocon is hiring for a land reclamation project located near Stoney Creek and Emporia, Virginia. This project is a 4-year project that runs from April to October.
Envirocon, one of nine Washington Operating Companies and founded by industrialist and entrepreneur Dennis R. Washington, is an industry leader providing a wide breadth of services throughout North America including environmental remediation, ecological restoration, and decommissioning & demolition. Envirocon has maintained a stable and single ownership for the past 30 years and a strong financial position allowing growth, value and stability to our clients, and a superior bonding capacity of over $100 million. Our health and safety matrix is one of the best in the industry.
We're proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at Envirocon contributes to improving the communities where we live and work and delivers some of the most important projects in the world. Our engaged, talented and experienced team members are our very best assets. Envirocon is dedicated to helping individuals build their careers in the environmental construction industry and promotes employee growth and development.
We are currently hiring a Human Resources Specialist to support an exciting opportunity with a world class team in Richmond, Virginia. The successful candidate will be passionate about recruiting, supporting, and evolving employees through our company's guidelines and onboarding processes.
This position provides administrative and technical support to the Project and Human Resources teams. Responsibilities will include recruiting and retaining qualified craft for this 4-year seasonal project in partnership with The Corporate HR team. Orientation for new employees, benefits coordination, maintaining employee records, and answering general HR and Benefit questions. Prepare and distribute progress reports and coordinating craft schedules to the project team.
To excel in this role, you will need to have in-depth knowledge of the recruiting process and labor regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with initial phone screening of applicants, interview scheduling, interviews and applicant tracking. Expected travel to job fairs or remote interview sites as needed.
- Conduct new hire orientations for craft employees on jobsite while coordinating with Corporate HR and Health and Safety.
- Initiates and follows up on pre-employment drug screens, background and reference checks and other pre-employment related procedures under the direction of the Human Resource Business Leader or their designee.
- Builds and maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintains monthly personnel changes.
- Coordinates with Corporate Health & Safety to update and maintain Motor Vehicle Records.
- Supports Missoula Human Resources team with project, administrative and technical support.
- Supports payroll and benefits administration.
- Assist with ordering of jobsite materials and subsequent coding of invoices as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Reports employee relation issues, as identified, to the Missoula office for investigation and resolution.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong work ethic, able to work independently with desire to learn and improve and ability to manage time and complete assigned projects.
- Experience working with payroll systems preferred or the ability to learn the systems and report writing.
- Familiarity with and ability to answer questions related to Employee Benefits.
- Promotes teamwork by developing strong relationships with the project and Human Resources teams, maintains a cooperative attitude and willingness to take on additional duties as directed.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must have reliable transportation to report to work.
Education and Experience
- 2 years of Human Resource experience required. 3-5 years preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of construction including equipment, materials, and construction terminology preferred.