JD 170 Field Service Engineer – Chantilly, VA
Description: Job Summary: The Field Service Engineer (FSE) Chantilly, VA is a multifunctional role reporting to the Director of Field Service. The FSE is assigned a geographic territory with responsibility to install, repair, and maintain DYNEX proprietary automated ELISA and Multiplexing systems by providing technical support onsite, via telephone or e-mail. This role will ensure delivery of service level commitments for assigned customers to drive service contract retention, warranty conversions and customer satisfaction. As a customer-facing representative of DYNEX Technologies, the FSE always conveys professionalism and service excellence.
Due to proximity to DYNEX Technologies Chantilly based headquarters, this role will also participate in projects related to new products service launch, system refurbishment program, and other special projects as needed and schedule allows.
• Provide service to customers through the installation, calibration, repair, training, and maintenance of DYNEX automated ELISA and Multiplexing systems via on-site support, phone or email.
• Perform administrative duties including but not limited to: service activity documentation in CRM, submission of service reports to Customer and DYNEX, expense reporting, inventory counts, receipt/return of calibrated tools & equipment, etc.
• Deliver on service level agreements for on-site repair response and on time PM completion.
• Interface with company Sales Representatives, Technical Support, Customer Service and other departments to build and support comprehensive customer relationship management.
• Maintain trunk stock inventory, test equipment, tools, computer, cell phone and technical data. Maintain clean and safe working environment at the customer site.
• Manage assigned territory and customer relationships to maximize customer satisfaction, warranty conversions and service agreement renewals.
• Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
• Promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of ethical behavior, maturity, personal appearance and good judgment.
• Performs after hours on-call duties.
• Cross covers other regions as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
. Requirements: Success Factors:
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with strong communication and impressive in personal demeanor.
• Professional with strong technical acumen analytical with the ability to understand complex system operation and troubleshooting.
• Organized, adaptable, with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities, meeting deadlines while maintaining composure and professionalism.
• Adept at building strong relationships with all internal and field associates.
• Efficient with time management and service call handling productivity.
• Ability to work independently with little direction and dependable.
Minimum Qualifications / Education:
• AS degree in electronics, engineering, or other technology; or equivalent military technical training.
• 3+ years of field service, customer support, technical support or similar customer-facing experience.
• Previous experience with sophisticated, complex and/or scientific laboratory equipment desirable.
• Valid drivers license and ability to drive daily.
Microsoft Office software, advanced ability in Excel. CRM documentation experience ie. Salesforce or similar systems.
• Frequent overnight travel >75% often with short notice by automobile and air.
• Occasional international travel may be required.
• Field/main office/laboratory conditions, exposure to chemicals and biologicals.
• Must follow laboratory and electrical safety practices when working at customer sites.
• Must be able to read and understand technical engineering documentation.
• Must be able to meet National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH) Standards.
• Frequently required to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly stands for 6-8 hours a day; frequently kneels, walks, and carries objects; occasionally sits; works on a computer for up to 3 hours a day.
• Manual dexterity to work with hand tools and electro-mechanical components.
DYNEX Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. DYNEX Technologies provides medical, dental, life and disability insurance, Section 125, 401(k), flexible schedules, educational assistance and a great work environment!