Lead Pre-K Teacher
Job Code: 12016
School Brand: Chesterbrook Academy
School State: VA
We are currently looking for an energetic and caring Lead Pre-K Teacher to join our team!
If you have a passion for being a part of a preschooler's developmental growth in a collaborative and cooperative environment, then this may be the opportunity for you!
Lead Teacher Responsibilities
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday, year-round.
- Create and follow age-appropriate lesson plans and activities to develop the preschoolers' cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth.
- Provide a safe, clean and loving environment where children are free to learn and explore the world around them.
- Encourage independent toileting and willingness to change a child's clothes and clean them should an accident occur.
- Provide parents with daily updates via our communication app, Tadpoles.
- Guide Assistant Teachers in providing appropriate and state regulated compliant preschool care procedures, as well as involving them in the holistic growth of the children.
- Provide thorough and thoughtful updates on each child's progress and challenges through professional verbal and written communication.
- Partner with Administration and parents to create a developmental plan and course of action should a child not respond to traditional forms of education and emotional awareness.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Two (2) year degree in Early Childhood Education required or High School diploma (equivalent GED) coupled with life experience equivalent. Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher. Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position (i.e. professional development).
- Previous experience as an Early Childhood Education Teacher, in a licensed preschool or early development center.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, bend and lift small children throughout the day.
- Provide clear and professional oral, written and verbal communication.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*