Join our growing Project Management team! Compu Dynamics has an opening for a Project Manager/Estimator with strong electrical background in Northern Virginia.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manage the construction workflow process throughout all phases of the projects life cycle to include estimating, contracting, buyout, subcontractor/vendor management, scheduling, construction administration/documentation, risk management, quality management, financial management, safety and closeout.
2. Meet with Owners and Design Professionals to determine project requirements, manage client satisfaction, and take immediate action to respond to problems and concerns.
3. Communicate and interact with team members and authorities involved in the planning, design, execution and construction activities of the project.
4. Provide the sales team estimates with detailed scopes, specifications, budget estimates and clarifications, exclusions and assumptions.
5. Prepare material takeoffs from construction project design drawings to assist in the creation of complete project material lists that include everything needed for the installation phase of the projects.
6. Create estimates from back-of-a-napkin sketches when design drawings are not available.
7. Manage project accounting and profitability.
8. Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing scheduling software.
9. Negotiate subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that all project goals are being addressed.
10. Inspect construction sites to monitor progress and ensure general conformance to customer requirements, engineering plans, specifications, schedule, budget, quality and safety standards by coordination with field supervision, in-house technicians and subcontractors to meet project goals.
11. Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions. Implement corrective measures within company guidelines.
12. Ensure that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project.
13. Maintain an elevated level of professionalism with clients, subcontractors, vendors and colleagues. Work to establish a positive working relationship.
14. Drive throughout service area while following all local laws
1. Presentation skills
2. Customer focus
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Team attitude
5. Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment
6. Project scheduling and document control experience
7. Understanding of prioritization, organization, time management, and problem-solving
8. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
9. Intermediate knowledge of CRM software
10. Valid drivers license in good standing
Desired Technical Knowledge:
1. Good understanding of MEP building systems, design, procurement, installation, operation and maintenance.
2. Superior knowledge of electrical systems, particularly critical systems.
3. Familiarity with lighting and mechanical controls
4. Understanding of power distribution
5. Familiarity with remote power panels and buss distribution systems
6. Familiarity with uninterruptable power systems and power generation
7. Understanding of low voltage system components and architecture
8. Understanding of general construction requirements
9. Familiarity with permitting process
10. Familiarity with white space design and operation
11. Familiarity with data center design and operation requirements
1. Up to 33%
Corresponding military codes: 65W1, 65W3,65W4,2166, 2170, 120A, 51C, 6242, 5915
Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with dollar for dollar company match up to 4%, various voluntary benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Time Off, up to 3 weeks PTO after 60 days and you get your birthday off!
Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelors degree and/or equivalent education and experience;
2. 5+ years of experience estimating and project management of Construction projects
Beneficial Education and Experience:
1. Bachelors degree or Construction Management, Engineering, Applied Science or Architecture field
2. Design/Build experience
3. SCIF Construction experience
4. Commercial General Contractor experience
5. PMP Certification
6. Active Security Clearance
7. OSHA Certification/Training