Join our growing team! Compu Dynamics has an immediate opening for a Safety Officer. If you are looking for a great company, then come work for us!
The Safety Officer's position is responsible for establishing a safe workplace according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction industry standards, as well as foster a culture of attention to health and safety. This position requires no direct supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Oversee the safety of the fleet
2. Oversee disposal of substances according to environmental guidelines
3. Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
4. Lead incident investigations
5. Intervene to stop any acts or processes which are unsafe or do not comply with OHS guidelines
6. Review and maintain existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
7. Establish weekly toolbox talks and ensure compliance
8. Oversee monthly safety meetings to include content, coordination of meeting space, etc.
9. Coordinate guest safety speakers
10. Inspect job sites to identify issues and/or non-conformity
11. Provide regular reports
12. Coordinate with Human Resources as it relates to worker compensation claims
13. Identify and develop training programs
14. Provide timely and completed documentation of work performed
15. Operate vehicles and other equipment safely; adheres to safety protocols; reports hazards and risks; behavior contributes to a safe and secure working environment
Corresponding military codes: 1S051, 1S091, 1S0X1, 2740
Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with dollar for dollar company match, various voluntary benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, $250 tool allowance, up to 3 weeks accrued PTO, Birthday off, Volunteer time-off, Paid Parental Leave, etc.
Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High School diploma and/or equivalent of education and experience
2. 3-5 years' proven experience as a Safety Officer
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. BS/BA in Safety Management, Engineering, or relevant field
2. Construction experience
3. Electrical/Mechanical experience