The Service Worker performs a variety of entry level duties in support of the AlexRenew organization and mission. Performs manual labor and learns to perform semi-skilled work in the maintenance, operation, repair, interceptor and external pump stations or in general operations. Duties are performed under the direct supervision of a Maintenance or Control Systems Technician or Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists skilled trade personnel by performing support tasks.
- Picks up necessary supplies and tools from warehouse or vendors as directed.
- Maintains record of tasks performed on a daily basis.
- Performs work and operates equipment safely. Reports any unsafe working conditions or practice to supervisor.
- Performs minor repairs and preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Performs routine and heavy cleaning tasks and maintains work area.
- Notify Supervisor of improvement opportunities.
- Sets up for and assists with special events and projects for all departments.
- Handles traffic control.
- Assists with snow and ice removal.
- Operates a variety of machines and equipment.
- Assist with fleet management.
- Participates in communications training programs. Shares information as requested about position and tasks with communications team. As requested, participates in various outreach activities, such as career panels and guided tours.
- Understands and weaves sustainability into daily work and decision making.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Previous experience in an industrial, wastewater, utility, environmental setting, and/or multi-skilled worker desirable.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance techniques and practices concerning wastewater and/or general maintenance operations preferred.
- Skill to use and/or operate hand tools, power equipment, motor vehicles and refuel them as necessary and in the appropriate manner.
- Forklift and crane experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and co-workers.
- Ability to apply basic math concepts of addition and subtraction.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions as a member of a team.
- Ability to follow oral instructions promptly and accurately.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and equipment Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
- Ability to use computer software programs.
- Aptitude and passion for continuous learning.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A detailed Physical Demands Analysis is available in Human Resources and a copy will be provided to all incumbents in this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and stand for nine hours a day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, near and far acuity, color and field of vision. The employee would be required to constantly communicate with management and coworkers, and to listen for emergency sirens.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Environmental conditions necessitate following strict safety guidelines and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee performs work indoors in a climate controlled environment, with outdoor trips between buildings and some outdoor work required. Some areas of plant are hot and humid at times.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Two week rotation, pattern as follows:
Thu Professional Development