Training Specialist (CD) – RAFT House driver: Part-time, Benefited
General Description : This is a paraprofessional position. The incumbent performs routine tasks to oversee community integration and/or daily living activities of persons served.
**Hanover County CSB adheres to the Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waivers setting requirements which provide Virginians eligible for DD Waiver services the choice to receive services and supports in the community versus an institutional setting.
Organization : The Training Specialist position is part of Hanover County's Career Development Program (CD). The Training Specialist Ladder has four levels ranging from Training Specialist I to Senior Training Specialist. Incumbents normally report to a Training Specialist Supervisor and supervise no staff.
Essential Functions :
- Ensure an individual's rights of privacy, dignity and respect, and freedom from coercion and restraint.
- Optimize, but not regiment, individual initiative, autonomy, and independence in making life choices, including but not limited to, daily activities, physical environment, and with whom to interact.
- Facilitate individual choice regarding services and supports, and who provides them.
- Assists with assessments and the development/implementation of program and service plans. Participates in program reviews.
- Supervises persons served, including their self-administration of medicine.
- Develops and maintains files regarding available community resources.
- Depending on assignment,
- Transports persons served.
- Trains persons served in daily living, housekeeping, socialization skills, etc.
- Maintains contacts with businesses and/or other community providers.
- Trains persons served in job-related skills.
- Supports activities of daily living
- Support individuals to participate in activities in the local community in which they live.
- Facilitate and support individuals to make acquaintances and find friends, other than paid support staff, with whom to engage, interact and enjoy the community
- Completes paperwork and files reports as required.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Working Conditions :
- None Known
- Field - Routine exposure to adverse weather, dust, fumes, odors, noise, vibrations, and repetition
- Location - Site-based programs, community and/or community based businesses
C. Physical Effort
- Travel may be necessary to transport persons served.
- Must be able to physically assist persons served, up to 100 pounds, maneuver
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Familiarity with programs and services for persons being served. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Case management and training skills, required. Must be able to establish effective working relationships with persons served and their families, staff, Board members, and community groups/businesses.
Education, Experience and Training: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years related experience; CNA Certification preferred - OR - Bachelor's degree in a related human services field and one (1) year related experience - OR - Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. Higher levels on the Career Ladder require additional education, experience and training up to a bachelor's degree. Must meet the requirements for Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional (QDDP) or Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) designation.
Special Conditions :
- Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
- Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
- TB test
- CPS (Child Protective Services) Check
- Twelve-month probationary period
Revision Date : January 2021
Closing Date/Time: Continuous