Verification Specialist REMOTE VA
Job Title: Verifications Specialist Remote
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Verifications Supervisor
Revision Date: 9.4.2020
Pay Rate: $12.50 per hour
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Join one of Inc. 5000's Fastest Growing Companies in the U.S.! Lowers Risk Group provides comprehensive enterprise risk management solutions to organizations operating in high-risk, highly-regulated environments valuing risk mitigation.
MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO WORK FROM HOME
JOB SUMMARY: The Verifications Specialist will provide accurate verification services of supplied background information while adhering to each client's specific guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Contacting educational institutions to verify educational information (diploma, degrees, certifications, etc.) as provided by the candidate.
- Contact can be by e-mail, phone, or fax.
- Contacting employers to verify employment information (salary history, dates of employment, job titles, responsibilities, etc.) provided by the candidate. Contact can be by e-mail, phone or fax.
- Searching websites to verify specific licenses or credentials provided by the candidate.
• Contacting professional references to support/verify information provided by the candidate.• Contacting personal references to support/verify information provided by the candidate.• Receiving incoming calls from educational institutions, employers, references that provide verification information.Properly documenting/ typing the results of each verification attempt.• Must be able to type and speak on the phone simultaneously.• Properly routing work through the verification process.• Must be able to type in results and call logs into the proprietary computer system.
- Gain an operational understanding of Wholesale Screening Solutions (WSS) Verification processes required to efficiently complete associated job functions.
- Performing all other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: 1 year in customer service/call center environment
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
- Must be reliable.
- Must be consistently at work on time and work the schedule assigned by their team lead/manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Trustworthy, ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work flexible hours (days/evenings/weekends) as required.
- Ability to maintain a high quality of work and maintain minimum quality standards as outlined by the supervisor.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm and maintain speed while talking on the phone.
- Excellent phone skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to obtain successful results through the use of call scripts and friendly tone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, with good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have an understanding of professional office etiquette exemplifying professionalism at all times.
- Must be a team player and have good interpersonal relation skills.
This is a full-time position. Available shifts are 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements/motions of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work. Must be able to sit for an extended period covering the duration of work shift hours.
- Visual acuity. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities including viewing a computer monitor and extensive reading and analyzing of data.
- Environment. WillEmployee will work in a secure remote location compliant with our telework policy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Lowers Risk Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled veteran or other veterans, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
Lowers Risk Group is an At Will employer and nothing within the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Lowers Risk Group reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply the job description in any way the company desires, and the job description is not a contract for employment.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.